The Joe Niekro Foundation is Hiring!
Patient Advocacy and Community Events Coordinator – Part Time
The Joe Niekro Foundation™ is committed to supporting patients and families, research, treatment and awareness of Brain Aneurysms, AVMs and Hemorrhagic Strokes. We provide education on the risk factors, causes and treatments of these conditions, while funding the advancement of neurological research.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Patient Advocacy and Community Events Coordinator (PACEC) will provide administrative and operational support for the Joe Niekro Foundation’s™ (JNF) Patient Advocacy Programs and Community Events. The Patient Advocacy Program encompasses local level support groups all over the US and Canada as well as an online support group community of 20,000+. The PACC is tasked with supporting all local support group and online support group facilitators. The PACC is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of community events such as our annual Knuckle Ball, virtual 5K, and webinar series.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- – Works with support group facilitators to ensure that they have all necessary tools, provide learning opportunities, share best practices, etc.
- – Assists in training and onboarding new support group facilitators
- – Works to find speakers and resources that will benefit support group members
- – Maintains and distributes facilitator training materials as needed (booklet, tip cards, flyers, etc.)
- – Works to identify medical facilities serving the aneurysm, AVM, and stroke communities and provides educational materials to medical staff
- – Collaborates with Administrators on Facebook Facilitator Closed Rooms
- – Runs facilitator workshop (including creating agenda and planning event in collaboration with Executive Director)
- – Communicates regularly with all support group facilitators including sending out a monthly newsletter
- – Engages with online support groups through posting helpful tips, initiating meaningful conversation, and asking questions
- – Responsible for collecting and sharing survivor stories on applicable channels such as newsletters, website, and social media
- – In charge of moderating and updating support group and facilitator information on the JNF website
- – Works to ensure support group leaders and volunteers feel connected and appreciated by the organization.
Reports to the Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- – BS degree desired
- – Three to five years relevant work experience
- – Experience working with patients with critical health conditions and their families in a support capacity desired
- – Event planning experience desired
- – Ability to understand and effectively communicate (written, oral) scientific information for a lay audience, including presentations and contributing to educational materials and online content
- – Graphic Design skills or experience with Canva desired.
- – Experience with neurological conditions preferred.
- – Experience working in a dynamic and evolving small non-profit organization
- – Passion for the JNF’s mission
– Works well independently
– Presentation skills
– Teamwork orientation
- – Manages time well
– Compassionate and patient
– Some travel required.
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities but does supervise volunteers.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position with flexible hours. Some evening hours required.
$26,000 – $32,000 annual salary
JNF is a virtual organization. This position will be remote, but Houston is preferred to collaborate with staff.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please email your resume, cover letter and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Us
- Subscribe to our Knuckle-Up Newsletter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Support Group
- Join our Online Parents Support Group
- Join our Online Young Adult Survivor’s Support Group
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Caregivers Support Group
- Join our Online Honoring the Taken Support Group
- Support Group Locations