Knuckle Ball 2021 Mobile Bidding
We are excited to announce that our auction has gone mobile! The Knuckle Ball: Hall of Fame Gala will be utilizing a mobile silent auction platform called HANDBID that allows you to bid from your smartphone or desktop computer. Save time at check-in by getting set-up BEFORE YOU ARRIVE! If you are not able to attend the event, you can still participate virtually so don’t miss out on the opportunity to bid on fabulous items. Silent Auction bidding will open on March 26th!
Q: HOW CAN I ACCESS HANDBID?
From any browser: Click HERE
From the Handbid app: Search for “Handbid” in the App Store (bit.ly/jnf-handbid) or on Google Play (bit.ly/app-handbid) to download. Once it’s installed on your smartphone, search for “KNUCKLE BALL” and start bidding!
Q: NOW THAT I DOWNLOADED HANDBID…HOW DO I REGISTER AS A BIDDER?
Register using your cell phone number. From the App home screen, tap the “Get Started” button and follow the simple instructions. Once you’re registered, don’t forget to do these three things –
● Select Knuckle Ball auction from the list of auctions on the app
● Using the menu on the top left corner, select “Profile” and enter in your credit card info. Without this step, you won’t be able to bid on items, so make sure to do this!
● Enable Push Notifications. This way you will be notified if anyone outbids you on those really amazing artworks you really want! Handbid will also keep you posted when auction items are about to close so you can get those last-minute bids in!
Q: DO I NEED TO ADD A CREDIT CARD TO BROWSE THE AUCTION?
You’ll be prompted to add a credit card to your bidder profile to place bids. If you only want to browse, you can add a card later.
Q: HOW DO I FIND THE ITEMS I WANT TO BID ON?
It’s easy! Once you’re in the Knuckle Ball auction, you can swipe left and right to view different categories. Within each category, you can scroll up and down to browse all the items. The first category will be all the Buy It Now items.
Q: I LOVE A GOOD DEAL — HOW DO I SEE WHAT HAS ZERO BIDS SO FAR?
The Handbid app automatically creates a category called “No Bids” for any items that have zero bids. Once in the auction, scroll all the way to the right, and the “No Bids” category should be the last category listed.
Q: HOW CAN I SEARCH FOR SPECIFIC ITEMS?
The search feature, located in the upper right-hand corner of the app, allows you to search title, description and lead donor name.
Q: I’M DONE BIDDING. WHAT IF I JUST WANT TO MAKE A DONATION TO THE JOE NIEKRO FOUNDATION?
Thank you for your donation! When you are on the “Browse Items” page in Handbid, choose the Donations category on the left side to see giving options. If you would like to give a different amount, you can make your gift on the JOE NIEKRO FOUNDATION website HERE.
Q: I WON SOMETHING! HOW DO I PAY FOR MY ITEMS?
Congratulations! When you are the winning bidder (either through Buy It Now or at the close of the auction), Handbid will send you an invoice that you can review and pay directly through Handbid – very quick and convenient!
Q: I WON SOMETHING! NOW WHAT?
Auction check out will begin 30 minutes after the silent auction has closed. You will be able to pick your winning item at the checkout table located in the main foyer. Please be ready to show your paid invoice to one of our friendly staff members.
If bidding virtually, you will be contacted after the event to arrange item delivery.
Whether you are bidding online or in the Handbid App, here are some easy tips to help:
● MAX BID: This is the max you are willing to spend for an item and Handbid system will automatically bid for you until you reach your max. Set a max bid and enjoy your evening!
● NOTIFICATIONS: If you have downloaded the Handbid App and accepted push notifications, you will be notified by push notifications when you are outbid on an item. If you don’t have the app you will receive text messages from Handbid regarding bidding.
● DASHBOARD: Monitor what you are currently winning and losing on the Dashboard screen in your app or online.
If you have any questions, please contact Juan Ortiz (email@example.com).
Connect with Us
- Subscribe to our Knuckle-Up Newsletter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Support Group
- Join our Online Parents Support Group
- Join our Online Young Adult Survivor’s Support Group
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Caregivers Support Group
- Join our Online Honoring the Taken Support Group
- Support Group Locations