Questions to Ask your Doctor AFTER Surgery
- What possible side effects should I look for after treatment?
- What are the signs of infection?
- What do I do about constipation?
- What kind of timeframe am I looking at for recovery?
- Is it possible to completely recover from treatment of a Brain aneurysm/AVM/Stroke?
- What activities am I allowed to do?
- What medications am I allowed to take?
- Am I permitted to drive?
- Can I drink alcohol?
- Can I have sex and when?
- Can I dye my hair?
- What other types of doctors do you recommend I see? Do I need to schedule an appointment with a Neurologist, Neurophysiologist, Neuropsychiatrist?
- How can I help myself recover?
- Who do I call if I have questions about how I am feeling?
- Will there be any follow-up after treatment?
- I am nervous about the hardware that will be used to treat my brain aneurysm; if I bump my head will the coils/clips come undone?
- What is DVT (deep vein thrombosis)? What are the symptoms?
- Am I allowed to leave the country?
- Can I fly in an airplane?
- Are there support groups available?
Remember that no question is a bad question – so ask whatever you need to put your mind at ease, comfort your heart and walk away feeling some sense of relief.Posted on Sunday, August 2, 2015