Joe Niekro Research Grant
Each year, The Joe Niekro Foundation grants funds for research projects targeting aneurysm, AVM or stroke research. These grants enable investigators (MDs, DOs or MD-PhDs) to conduct pilot projects that address a specific hypothesis and generate preliminary data in preparation for major grant applications to corporations, foundations and governmental agencies.
The grants are open to:
- University-based or government medical facility -based investigators at all levels with academic appointments.
- Investigators in a clinical practice not affiliated with a University or government medical facility.
Nature of Projects:
Any research related to brain aneurysms, brain arteriovenous malformations or fistulas, including, but not limited to:
- Applications of advance technologies and sciences
- Development of diagnostic or therapeutic technology
- Morphologic and functional imaging that addresses biologic or clinical questions
- Comparative effectiveness analyses and/or outcomes analyses
It is the intention that the seed data from these projects will indicate feasibility and appropriateness of the research prior to applying for further funding; therefore, emphasis is placed on research deemed to have the most potential for future funding.
We are currently funding only direct costs.
The successful project applications include a method of dissemination of project results (e.g., presentation at regional or national medical meetings and publication of results in a peer-reviewed medical journal).
Connect with Us
- Subscribe to our Knuckle-Up Newsletter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Support Group
- Join our Online Parents Support Group
- Join our Online Young Adult Survivor’s Support Group
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Caregivers Support Group
- Join our Online Honoring the Taken Support Group
- Support Group Locations