- Letter of Intent
- Grant Application
- Grant Recipients
- Joe Niekro/SNIS Research Grant
- Joe Niekro Crystal Bat Award
- Joe Niekro Patient’s Choice Award
Letter of Intent
The Joe Niekro Foundation™ accepts Letters of Intent during the grant application period of September 1-October 1. Texas applicants will receive priority. Applications will not be accepted without an approved LOI. Funding checks are provided to US organizations only; individuals will not be considered.
Applicants must supply a Letter of Intent no more than two pages and address the following:
- A brief statement about the purpose of the proposed project and how it is relevant to the JNF mission
- Goals and objectives of the proposed project
- Geographic area the proposed project will serve
- Funding amount requested and basic budget
- Documentation of any substantially similar studies, and how the project differs from those studies
- Project timeline and plan for evaluating results
- Any preliminary data that supports the hypothesis being tested or the objective
- Other financial support secured for the project, if any
- Tax status of your organization
- Background and credentials of key personnel. This may be submitted in a separate document. If the information is submitted in the form of a curriculum vitae, the Letter of Intent or CV should note the individuals’ roles in the project.
The Letter of Intent should be addressed to the Joe Niekro Foundation™ Steering Committee and be received by October 1st of the current year.
Upon review of a Letter of Intent, applicants may be asked to complete a full grant application. Full grant applications should only be submitted upon request from JNF.
Successful grantees will be notified within 60 days of receipt of the LOI. We do our best to respond to all inquiries, but if you have not received notification from us within 60 days of your LOI submission, please contact email@example.com. Grantees will be subject to reporting requirements and those requirements are outlined in a Grant Agreement that will be signed at the time of acceptance.
Letters of Intent may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include “JNF Grant Request” in the subject line.
Connect with Us
- Subscribe to our Knuckle-Up Newsletter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Support Group
- Join our Online Parents Support Group
- Join our Online Young Adult Survivor’s Support Group
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Caregivers Support Group
- Join our Online Honoring the Taken Support Group
- Support Group Locations