- Letter of Intent
- Grant Guidelines
- Grant Application
- Grant Recipients
- Joe Niekro Research Grant
- Joe Niekro Humanitarian of the Year Award
- Joe Niekro Medical Humanitarian of the Year Award
- Genetics of Sporadic Arteriovenous Malformation Study
Joe Niekro Research Grant
Each year, The Joe Niekro Foundation grants SNIS Foundation funds for research projects targeting aneurysm, AVM or stroke research. These grants enable investigators (MDs, DOs or MD-PhDs) to conduct pilot projects that address a specific hypothesis and generate preliminary data in preparation for major grant applications to corporations, foundations and governmental agencies.
The grants are open to:
- University-based or government medical facility -based investigators at all levels with academic appointments.
- Investigators in a clinical practice not affiliated with a University or government medical facility.
Nature of Projects:
Any research related to brain aneurysms, brain arteriovenous malformations or fistulas, or ischemic stroke including, but not limited to:
- Applications of advance technologies and sciences
- Development of diagnostic or therapeutic technology
- Morphologic and functional imaging that addresses biologic or clinical questions
- Comparative effectiveness analyses and/or outcomes analyses
It is the intention that the seed data from these projects will indicate feasibility and appropriateness of the research prior to applying for further funding; therefore, emphasis is placed on research deemed to have the most potential for future funding.
The successful project applications include a method of dissemination of project results (e.g., presentation at regional or national medical meetings and publication of results in a peer-reviewed medical journal).
For further details and application instructions, visit snisonline.org.
We look forward to your participation in this exciting new venture and thank SNIS Foundation for their continued support and partnership.
Lissa Peeling, MD
Jeremy Heit, MD
Matt Alexander, MD
Cameron McDougall, MD
Christopher Kellner, MD (Co-Investigator-Maximilian Bazil)
Alim Mitha, MD
Connect with Us
- Subscribe to our Knuckle-Up Newsletter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Support Group
- Join our Online Parents Support Group
- Join our Online Young Adult Survivor’s Support Group
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Caregivers Support Group
- Join our Online Honoring the Taken Support Group
- Support Group Locations