The 1st Annual Walk in the Park…Brains Matter Walk-a-thon, held on September 28, 2014 in Phoenix, AZ was a great success. Over 160 walkers, some even sporting their own costumes, participated in the one mile walk around Indian Steele Park. The event raised nearly $10,000 which will be used to support brain aneurysm, AVM and stroke research, projects, and patient support services.
Walkers started the trail at 8:00AM and then enjoyed a Party in the Park following the finish. Vendors of all types lined the walkways with goodies and special treats while Deja Vu’ played hits from the 60’s to today’s hits. It was a day of celebration as we Supported the Fighters, Admired the Survivors, Honored the Taken and Vowed to Never Ever Give up Hope.
Connect with Us
- Subscribe to our Knuckle-Up Newsletter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Support Group
- Join our Online Parents Support Group
- Join our Online Young Adult Survivor’s Support Group
- Join our Online Aneurysm/AVM Caregivers Support Group
- Join our Online Honoring the Taken Support Group
- Support Group Locations